Google Chromecast a new level of streaming device available on the market today. It is a dongle device that Google has designed to stream online videos on televisions or home studio system with a mobile phone or PC. It was first released in 2013 and made available for the people to purchase. Google Chromecast is a new and one of the best streaming devices available to use, but before all that, you need to set the whole system up. If you are a new user, then you must be clueless to set up the device with your television and phones. But don’t fret much and follow the guide to set up your Google Chromecast. All you need to get the device attached to your TV and an app in your phone or PC.
Here is how to set up your Google Chromecast
- Plug in Chromecast USB port to your TV. You can use the included power adapter to connect to the outlet.
- Once it is ready, your TV will display a setup prompt with a randomly generated identifier in the lower left corners. For example Chomecast0098.
- Now, download Google Home app from the Google Play Store.
- Now you have to sign in to your Google account.
- For PC users, Google Chrome will take care of it. All you need to visit the Chromecast website.
- Go to the Google Chromecast website and follow the instructions.
- You will be notified when the initial set up is complete.
- In Google Home, go to the right corner at the top, select devices you want to connect.
- In the app, you will be able to set up Now tap Continue if asked.
- The app holding device and TV will receive the same code. Tap Yes if matches.
- In the next tab, you can modify privacy and guest options.
- Get the same network for Chromecast and the Home app.
- Since it is optional to link your Google account to your Chromecast, it is your wish to link up.
- In the end, you can have a tutorial from the set up to use the system comfortably.
Setting up Chromecast is not complicated, and its inbuilt guide will teach you how to cast. It doesn’t matter if you are new with Chromecast or not but the device is, and anyone can set it up to stream videos on TV. But you have the system ready; enjoy online shows on your TV.
Edward Lewis is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. He writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.