If you have installed McAfee security product on your device, it automatically scans incoming and outgoing emails with attachments for virus and other infections. Scanning the incoming and outgoing traffic is a useful protection but sometime, it may intervene with the operation of sending and receiving emails. Also, your email client may get slow and sluggish because of the real-time scanning of your emails.
Users of the following McAfee products may face this issue: McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee All Access, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Family Protection, McAfee Live Safe. And the reason of cropping up the issue may be that McAfee program may be scanning the emails that may be interfering with the email send and receive operation. It may be the McAfee Email scanning that may be causing the email client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) to be slow. To deal with the issue, you need to disable the function Email scanning. So here are the instructions given for disabling Email Scanning:
Step 1: Try Disabling Temporarily Email Scanning.
- Select the Microsoft program from the program folder or click on the short-cut icon of McAfee on the desktop to open the McAfee product installed on your computer.
- In the program, select the menu optionVirus and Spyware Protection and click on Real-Time Scanning.
- On Real-Time Scanning page, go to the settings option and uncheck E-mail attachments.
- Click Apply.
- Send a test email message to see if problem is fixed.
- Go to Step 3 if send operation works.
Step 2: Check for another third party if it is conflicting.
- There may be other potential causes of the problem if you still cannot send an email even after disabling McAfee Real-time Scanning.
- So now what you need to check is, if Firewall or another Security Software is blocking the email client operations.
- To check and verify if there is any other Security or Firewall software stays on your computer, activate the “Add or Remove Program” control panel applet.
- If you find any, launch this application and use instructions given in the step 1 to disable the real-time scanning.
- Check if problem is fixed by sending a test email message.
- If the problem still stays, you may need to call an experienced technician or go to step 3.
Step 3: Turn on Scheduled Scan.
You have one option if the real-time scan that McAfee is performing on your emails is the problem.
You may turn-off real-time scanning so that it does not create issues with your applications and also not slow down your computer.
But for the ensured protection of your computer, setup scheduled scan of McAfee on your device at the time when you are not likely to be actively using your computer.
If nothing seems working even after trying the above given steps, you may seek the help of the certified and experienced experts on the go for fixing the issue if real-time McAfee scanning is not working.
If you still facing trouble, kindly contact the McAfee.com/Activate support team to get expert advice on your issues.