Users of Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista, XP operating system may get McAfee Error Code 12002 while installing McAfee security on their computer. If this problem encounters, you need to close the program immediately. If you haven’t install any kind of protection on your computer and you spend like several hours in front of it, installing a reliable security program like McAfee Antivirus is going to save you from lots of issues. Because if you are spending long time on an internet connected PC on a daily basis, your device is prone to catch virus or malware that intrudes upon accessing insecure and untrusted network or websites.
To get the comprehensive security from online vulnerabilities on your device, McAfee; the trusted antivirus product of all times can serve you the best. It is not only laden with features but also easy to configure it upon quick installation without rebooting your PC.
Many a times, while installing and try to using this antivirus suite, few users encountered McAfee error code 12002. And there may be multiple valid reasons of cropping up this issue including:
- If you have downloaded the corrupt setup files on the device.
- Incomplete installation of McAfee software program.
- Errors are encountering because of OS incompatibility issues.
- Essential Windows system files have been corrupted by Malware or Trojan.
- Because of missing essential components in McAfee setup file.
- The components of other security software still exist in the device.
- Cluttered Windows registry files.
- Presence of non-existent applications because of improper software uninstall.
- If system settings are not configured properly.
- Missing files that were accidentally deleted from the registry caused system malfunctioning.
Symptoms that indicate about McAfee Error Code 12002
- If active Windows program gets crashed all of the sudden.
- Users face frequent device crash up issues.
- Screen freezes all of the sudden and stops responding.
- While detecting the root cause of the issue, Windows OS shuts down all of the down.
- Sluggish performance of Windows OS PCand it shows delayed responses to mouse or keyboard input.
How to Fix McAfee Antivirus Error 12002?
To troubleshoot error 12002 and installing McAfee product successfully, there are certain strategies that you can apply if error 12002 does not allow you to successfully install security software on your laptop or desktop even if you have executed the process of McAfee antivirus installation.
For your help, steps to troubleshoot McAfee error 12002 are given below:
Repair Windows registry entries associated with error 12002.
Run a complete virus and Malware scan on your device.
To perform the Disk clean up action, use Disk Cleanup tool to clean all the junk files accumulated over the time including temporary files.
Update/install/renew device drivers on your device.
Undo all the recent changes that you made recently in the system using Windows System Restore.
After successful uninstallation, use MCPR tool to remove all components of McAfee antivirus.
Check Windows system file using “sfc /scannow” to trace out any missing components of McAfee antivirus.
Install all available Windows Updates.
Execute a clean download of the windows.
These steps may have solved your problem, but if in case the problem exists, contact McAfee.com/Activate support by calling the toll-free number or through to get the solution at the earliest.