Microsoft launched a web browser named Microsoft Edge for Windows 10. Edge has been created to be productive and more in-tune with the current online standards. Users have many choices available for configuring the start page of Microsoft Edge whenever they launch it. Often when you install a web browser, you notice that a homepage has been set by default. This preloaded homepage can be easily replaced with any other website.
Users can set any website to be the homepage of Microsoft Edge. By doing so, whenever they launch Edge, that particular website will open. For example, if you almost often open Google right after opening the web browser, then would it not be convenient if you just set it as the start page? Here is how you can change the homepage in Microsoft Edge:
Changing Homepage in Edge
- Open the browser by double-clicking on its icon.
- In the main screen, locate the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the browser, just below the close button.
- From the pull-down menu that appears, select Settings. It will be the last option.
- In the Settings menu, go down and click on the View advanced settings below the heading: Advanced settings.
- In the advanced settings menu, click on “Show the home button.” Turn it on.
- Under the toggle, a pull-down list will come.
- A home button will get added to the left side of the address bar of Microsoft Edge.
- Go to the pull-down list and click on A specific page.
- After that, a column for entering a URL will come beneath.
- Now, just type in the URL of the website that you wish to set as the homepage.
- Next, to the URL, there will be a Save button. Click on it.
Changing the Start page in Edge
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- In the web browser, click on the three horizontal dots to open the options.
- Now, from the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- In the Settings menu, click on the menu below Open Microsoft Edge with.
- Now, you will be able to see all the available choices.
- Select the following option: A specific page or pages.
- By doing so, a column for entering a URL will come beneath the A specific page or pages option.
- Just type in the URL of the website you wish to set as the start page for Microsoft edge.
- Click on the Save button next to the URL.
- Now, whenever you launch Microsoft Edge, the start page set by you will open.