Let’s talk about the McAfee internet security for Mac, as we all know about the Mac which is launched by the apple company. McAfee is the antivirus which works the same with every operating system whether it is Windows or Mac but the McAfee internet, work is as always the same. It protects your computer from viruses and malware software. But installation of the McAfee Internet Security in the Mac is very easy. But uninstalling it from Mac book is a task, But don’t take tension, be calm and just follow these simple steps and get the best way to uninstall the McAfee Internet Security from Mac. Mac is very much different from windows operating system. The user who has command only they can manage the IOS operating system.
So, be careful while following these steps if you follow these steps in the correct way you can easily uninstall the McAfee internet security from Mac book.
How to Uninstall McAfee Internet Security from Mac?
There are various methods by which you can uninstall the McAfee internet security from your Mac. But this method is easy to follow and understand, this method is very less time consuming and fewer efforts taking. If you using this method then you can easily uninstall the program. Follow the steps in ascending order. These steps are best for Mac users. The steps are given below-
Step-1 Login to your McAfee software security account
- To login to your account, you have to first visit in your McAfee homepage(http://home.mcafee.com)
- On the homepage, upper right corner you saw a button that key show the button of “My Accounts”.
- Click on the “My Account” button.
- After clicking on the button, it will associate you with your “User Account”i.e “Email Id” and “Password” (the Email Id and Password are same as that you filled up during the time of installation).
- After providing the Email Id and Password, click on the “Login” button.
Step-2 Deactivate your License from Mac
All the information regarding the McAfee internet security license including the version and license terms and expiration dates into my account page of McAfee internet security.
- Guide yourself to the “My Account” page. My Account page shows the information about the computers that are registered with your account.
- Search for the “Details” button of the My Account, there you will the “Deactivate” button.
- Select one of the computers you want to deactivate, then click on the “Deactivate” button.
- One pop up message appears on your computer screen that asks you your confirmation regarding deactivating your license from this computer.
- Click on the “Yes” button. And deactivate the license from your computer.
- Once the license gets deactivated you can reuse it in a different computer system.
Step-3 Navigate to the Application Folder
All the applications of the Mac book are all found in the application folder of the Mac book.
- Open the “Finder” on your Mac.
- Select the “Application” folder from the Mac.
- If you are unable to find the application in the “Finder window sidebar”, search for the applications within the upper right corner of the Finder
Step-4 Start McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller.
The McAfee Internet security uninstaller wizard will help you through the process of how to uninstall the McAfee internet security successfully from your Mac.
- “Search” and “Open” the McAfee Internet security folder in your Mac.
- Double click on the McAfee Internet security Uninstaller in your Mac application folder.
- Select the checkbox beside uninstall Site Advisor.
- Then, click on the “Continue” button.
Step-5 Authorize to be Uninstall the McAfee Internet security from Mac
Your Mac book will verify that you are authorized to remove this program and it will ask you about your admin Email and Password so that it cannot be deleted mistakenly by anyone.
- Enter your “Admin Password”. This will ask you your Mac password(not McAfee Password)
- Then, Click on the “Okay” button.
- Click on the “Finish” button.
- Finally “Reboot” your Mac.
If you want to reuse the license of McAfee Internet Security on a different Mac, so you need to sign out or uninstall the McAfee Internet security from the old Mac. This can save your money and time.
If you are still in the trouble to uninstall the McAfee internet security from your Mac then you have only last option to easily get a solution without wasting your time, let’s connected with the McAfee Customer Support. McAfee Customer support is available to help you 24*7. McAfee experts and technicians are familiar with your problem and they will solve your problem with less time. Dial the toll-free number of McAfee customer support for instant queries.